The IMPACTOLatino team is excited that within a month the first church plant of our new Mexican church planting organization, the IMPACTOnetwork, will launch on May 20th, Pentecost Sunday. The launch will be in the southwest section of Santiago de Queretaro know as Corregidora. Actually Corregidora is a city in its own right but is part of the Metropolitan area of Queretaro.
The management team has chosen the name of the church, Iglesia Cristiana La Viña (The Vine Christian Church) and paperwork is beginning, taking the first steps that the Mexican government requires for a new church registration. The management team has also organized to cover responsibilities for for the new church in areas of worship, the Cell ministries, Children's ministries and preaching.
La Viña is a unique beginning for the IMPACTOnetwork. The congregation will begin in a unique situation. The Christian University of Mexico (UCM) asked our IMPACTOLatino team to fold a small congregation they had started on campus into this first church plant. Therefore there will be a group of 35 to 40 that we will begin with us to plant this first congregation. La Viña will also be our "teaching church" and the IMPACTOnetwork apprentices will be fully involved in the congregation for the 40 week program. Though our apprentice program is beginning with one family it eventually will be two families a year. Students at the University may also participate at La Viña and upper class students will participate with the apprentice program each year. La Viña will also be the home congregation of the IMPACTOLatino team.
Eric and Dee will be involved at La Viña, but more in the background. Dee will be helping and mentoring the leader of the Children's program. Eric will be in the preaching rotation and will help with other events and teaching times as asked by the management team of the congregation. Because our responsibilities in US fundraising and missionary recruiting and also Field Trips as the Regional Directors of the Americas, there will be on-going periods when we will be away from Queretaro.
Be praying with us this month for the launch on May 20. The team is looking at options for holding this first Sunday at a Hotel or facilities set up for special celebrations. We are expecting that with visitors, guests and the curious we could be 120 people. They are also looking at options for the weekly celebrations. Because of costs of rental space, it is likely that after the special launch Sunday, the celebrations will be held at the IMPACTOnetwork Offices and Training facility till the end of the year. However, our limit is about 60 adults so the management team is investigating options.
Eric & Dee
- April 22 -28 / Eric and Dee will be at the Regional Directors' meetings in Fort Myers.
- May 5 / Jim Mostofo, Professor of Education at Grand Cayon University arrives. Jim will be joining us for the month of May helping with English outreach and a special Seminar at the Christian university here in Queretaro on Principles of Teaching.
- May 9 - 16 / Field visit to Santiago, Chile with Diaz-Ramos Family (NMSI Affiliates)
- May 19 / Seminar at the Christian University of Mexico by Jim Mostofo
- May 22 / Seminar at the IMPACTOnetwork Training Center by Jim Mostofo
- May 30 - June 2 / Legacy Conference in Detroit (with our NMSI affiliates)
- June 2 - 6 / Toronto with Nego and Ellen Pierre-Luis (NMSI affiliates)
- June 9 / Duggins Anniversary (39 YEARS!)
- June 6 - 11 / Topeka, Kansas with Shawn and Susan Inchaustegui (NMSI Affiliates)
- May-June / Joseph & Patricia Klein, new members of IMPACTOLatino are hoping to be moving to Mexico.
- June 25-28 / NACC in Indianapolis
- June 30 - July 7 / Some personal time in INDY and contacting churches in the area.
- July 8 -13 / We are hoping to do church contact visits in Las Vegas. One congregation is opening dialogue with IMPACTO and we are hoping to open doors with other congregations in the area.
- Be praying for doors to open with the churches in Las Vegas.
- Be praying for the Klein Family as they transition to Mexico at the end of May or first of June. Be praying for their full support to be promised!
- Be praying for the funding project for the 2019 church plant. Five congregations have expressed interest of some level about the project, but no promises yet!
- Be praying for La Viña church Launch on May 20!
- Continue your prayers for Andrew. He is doing very good at FedEx and has moved up in responsibilities (and pay!). He still has a desire to be in ministry and has two applications pending.