This month has flown by as Dee continues to pack up the house little by little, since our move isn’t till June of next year. Eric has been busy with several projects. He has been preparing a Seminary level class on Saturdays on the Pauline letters and is preaching about once a month. Also, there has been several counselling visits that Pastor Luis has asked him to accompany him on.
It’s been a hard month for Jubilee. Summer vacation is always hard on church attendance but this year we also had families that moved out of town, and two families suffered deaths in the family, so it’s been especially hard. We especially want to thank so many that prayed for Oscar and his family. We ask that you keep Beti and her four daughters in your prayers. Oscar’s death hit the church family on several levels. You hear about this type of thing happening in Mexico but it is usually not that close and this one was Jubilee’s family.
We are greatly encouraged at the leadership of Jubilee as they have stepped up to the challenges of this summer and have some inspiring plans for the church this fall. An in depth study on the 7 churches in Revelations and then a study following the book, I Am A Member of The Church. They are also having an ” Turning it All Over” retreat this week end for new church members and new Christians.
DIAZ-RAMOS FAMILY – NMSI, CHILE
REGIONAL DIRECTORS TRIP TO CHILE
In the middle of August, Eric and Dee also traveled to Santiago, Chile to meet and experience the ministry of the Diaz-Ramos Family of NMSI. What a beautiful city! It was a joy to see the church where Habacuc is working on staff in several capacities.
Eric was invited to preach at the Metropolitan Church of Christ and it was a great experience. They seemed to understand his American-Mexcian Spanish accent! We were also invited to do chapel at the Mission School where Liz teaches and Dee took that on as her project and did a wonderful presentation.
This school was started for children of missionaries however it has expanded to children of Christians in that part of the city.
We also had the privilege to visit over coffee with Doug and Shelly Kallestad. Doug and Shelly are long-term missionaries in Chile and have worked with a group planting churches in Santiago and other cities in Chile. This group of Chilean churches are also sending missionaries to Peru, Ecuador and North Africa. It was exciting to hear about a church planting movement that is taking the Mission of the church worldwide very serious.
We lift up all the churches in Chile in prayer that they may have an impact for Christ in a real and lasting way!
We will be traveling again this fall in the United States as we prepare for the new church planting project through the IMPACTOnetwork. On this trip we are concentrating on visiting 8 of our Christian Universities and we will usually be spending two days with each. It’s been a challenge to get the visits coordinated, but it looks like most of the dates are working. We still have two of the Universities to confirm with but hopefully will finish that process in the next week. We will be leaving Mexico on September 26 and will return to Mexico just after Christmas.
Calendar in the United States:
Christian Universities we will be visiting:
-Great Lakes Christian College (October 3 & 4)
-Lincoln Christian College & Seminary (October 10 & 11)
-St. Louis Christian College (October 13 & 14) (to be confirmed)
-Johnson University (October 17-19)
-Milligan College / Emmanuel Christian Seminary (October 20-24)
-Ozark Christian College (October 27 & 28) (to be confirmed)
-Manhattan Christian College (November 7 & 8)
-Dallas Christian College (November 10 & 11)
We will also be at the iCOM (Missionary Convention) in Lexington from the November 16 to 21. The IMPACTO Latino Board of Advisors are planning to meet in conjunction with the convention time and will meet at the Tates Creek Christian Church. Though the meeting date was set last May, the board is considering a change of date to accommodate the teaching schedule of new family that has affiliated with IMPACTO Latino – NMSI. The date will most likely be November 21. If you are at iCOM, come by the booth of NMSI and IMPACTO Latino!
We will spend Thanks-giving with family in Indiana and then we will be visiting three partnering congregations in Maryland. We will be at the Week of Missions at Mountain Christian Church from November 26 to December 3. We will then be with the Community Christian Church on the north-side of Baltimore December 4-8 and finally with the Grandview Christian Church in Fallston, Maryland from December 7 to 12.
We will begin our trip back to Mexico on December 27.
14 September / Independence Day part at the Church for the Cell Groups.
17-22 September / A visitation group from the McDonough Christian Church.
24 September/ Last class Eric will be teaching this year at the Bible Seminary of the Aros.
25 September/ Eric will be preaching at Jubilee (going to be a busy week!)
26 September / Leave for the United States.
- We ask you to keep Beti and her daughters in your prayers a few more weeks. There are many things to organize and work through with the death of her husband Oscar. Again, we are grateful for your prayers.
- We ask you to keep Andrew in your prayers. We were very excited about a ministry possibility for him, but it ended up not being offered. They wanted someone with more experience. Though he is checking internet listings for Children’s Ministries, he is not seeing much that seems a possibility. Most are asking for 5 to 7 years of experience. He is actively looking and praying about options.
- Please keep the sale of the house in Pachuca before the Lord.
- We are praying that our visits to the Universities will lead to new cross-cultural church planting recruits (missionaries).
- We are praying for partnering congregations as they consider participating in significant way in the IMPACTOnetwork project. Five congregations have expressed high interest but had not yet give clear and specific commitments. We have still to raise transitional needs for the move to Queretaro and set-up of the IMPACTOnetwork Center. We also are working on funding for the first two church plants. Be praying for God to raise up donors that have a love for the church to be planted in the Cities of Mexico.